Discoloration of teeth is a common thing among individuals of all age groups. It leaves a displeasing appearance on a person's smile and could lead to frequent embarrassment. Teeth whitening techniques help to remove the stains from the surface of the teeth, helping the patient get a bright and beautiful smile.
Teeth whitening has been around for a long time now. However, the recent advancements in the field of cosmetic dentistry have gotten rid of the long chair time involved with conventional whitening techniques. We are proud to present to you Zoom teeth whitening, the quickest and most efficient way of whitening your teeth.
How do teeth stain?
- Excessive consumption of colored foods leaves a residue on the teeth, which is very difficult to get rid of by brushing.
- Improper oral hygiene often leaves a lot of microbes on the teeth, which if not removed regularly, can cause severe staining and cavities.
- Sometimes, when the patient is allergic to a certain medication, it can lead to teeth discoloration, which is usually difficult to remove.
- When a patient undergoes a root canal therapy, chances run high for the tooth to appear dull due to lack of nourishment.
- Patients who regularly chew tobacco or smoke cigarettes are often prone to teeth staining.
- Teeth may also look dull due to the natural aging process.
What is Zoom Teeth Whitening?
Zoom is an advanced teeth whitening process that makes use of a bleaching gel that contains 25% of Hydrogen peroxide. It also comes with an activating light that further speeds up the process. The process is highly effective and doesn’t cause any change to the structure of the teeth.
Before the whitening process is started, the teeth will be thoroughly cleaned and any debris that is stuck in between them will be removed. The thing about whitening is that if any restorations are bonded to the teeth, such as crowns or veneers, the whitening process would not affect them and their color would remain unchanged. After carefully examining your teeth, the dentist would conclude whether or not you would require zoom whitening.
The gums and lips would be prepared by applying a rubber dam on them so that the bleaching agent would not come in contact with them. The gel will be applied on the teeth and allowed to stay for about 15 minutes. The zoom light will also be used along with the gel to release oxygen molecules. They enter the enamel and dentin to break up the stains without even altering the texture or structure of the teeth. The entire treatment procedure would last for about 45 minutes and at the end of it, you would have perfectly white teeth.
Call us or schedule an online appointment to know more about Zoom Teeth Whitening and how you can get your shiny smile back.