General dentistry is a collective term for all the procedures that a general dentist performs. A well-trained and qualified general dentist would be able to carry out regular oral consultations, restorations, cosmetic procedures, control and prevent the onset of infections, educate patients about oral hygiene, keep track of the oral health history of regular patients, etc.
Mouhannad Almajdalani is an experienced general and family dentist in the San Francisco and Daly City area. He has treated hundreds of patients during his long-spanning career and offers a range of treatment procedures to cater to every patient’s needs. He believes that building a friendly relationship with the patient increases the efficiency and effectiveness of the treatment.
Here are some of the services we offer:
Restorative dentistry includes the use of a dental appliance to improve the functionality and aesthetics of the patient’s mouth. Some of the restorative procedures we offer are as follows.
- Tooth-colored Fillings:A filling material is used to fill cavities, restore the shape and contour of chipped, misshaped and worn out teeth, treat minor cracks, etc. Since they are made from tooth-colored composite material, they mimic the color and texture of natural teeth.
- Implants:Dental implants are regarded as the best replacement for natural teeth. Natural teeth may be extracted due to cavities, malocclusion, impacted teeth, damage due to external trauma, and other oral infections. Replacing them with an implant offers a strong, sturdy, and reliable prosthetic tooth that looks exactly like a real one.
- Crowns:Crowns are thin-walled cap like restorations that can be fitted over teeth that are either discolored, cracked, chipped or exposed to a lot of wear. They repair any physical damage to the tooth as well as bring back its original appearance.
- Bridges: Dental bridges also restore lost teeth, but are not as strong and sturdy as implants. They are held in place with the help of crowns on either side. Patients who get bridges done can bite, chew and speak like they used to before.
- Inlays and Onlays: Inlays are alternatives to fillings. They are custom fabricated to comfortably fit into the cavity and will be permanently bonded with the help of dental adhesives. Onlays are used to cover cavities and restore the biting surfaces of teeth that have been badly worn out.
- Dentures: Dentures are advised for patients who have lost multiple or all of their teeth. They are made from gum-colored acrylic and porcelain and mimic the appearance of the oral set up perfectly. They can be removed whenever required and must be cleaned regularly just like real teeth.
Discolored teeth are a huge letdown. They ruin the facial appearance of a person so much that people with severely discolored teeth think twice before even smiling. Teeth whitening is a procedure used to remove the stains from the surface of the teeth and give the patient a bright and beautiful smile. The dentist makes use of a whitening gel for this purpose, which would be activated using a high-intensity laser. The foam produced by this lifts the stains from the surface of the teeth and makes them look whiter. It may be repeated multiple times in case the discoloration is severe.
Misaligned or crooked teeth affect oral hygiene, promote the growth of bacteria on the teeth, affect the aesthetics, and can inflict a change in the shape of the jaws. Dental braces are considered the most effective means of correcting teeth misalignment. They are known to solve some of the most complicated malocclusion issues such as open bite, closed bite, crossbite, overbite, underbite, etc. Invisalign is also used for orthodontic purposes and is a clear aligner. Meaning, it is made from transparent plastic material and is virtually invisible.
Gum diseases and improper oral hygiene can promote the growth of bacteria on the teeth and cause cavities. When cavities are left untreated, they can increase in severity and lead to the infection of the pulp in the root canal. A root canal therapy is used to remove the infected nerves, blood vessels and pulp from the root canal and save the tooth from being extracted.
Schedule an appointment with us to know more about the treatment procedures we offer and have to a discussion with our well-experienced team.