Invisalign is one of the most advanced treatment solutions to malocclusion. It brings the teeth to perfect alignment with the help of clear alignment trays that apply pressure on the teeth in a gentle and controlled manner. However, unlike braces, they stay in disguise as they are made from clear plastic material.
What are the benefits of choosing Invisalign?
Invisalign is the new sensation among teenagers and adults who are suffering from malocclusion. Most dentists suggest Invisalign to their patients owing to the following benefits that it offers:
- Invisalign uses an advanced technology to treat misaligned teeth. With the software associated with the aligners, dentists can now accurately track the change in the alignment of the teeth and predict how they would move during the course of the treatment.
- The aligners are absolutely metal free. With braces, the patients may suffer injuries to the gums and the soft inner lining of the mouth when they have an external trauma. But with Invisalign, the chances are next to none as it doesn’t contain any sharp corners or metal components.
- The aligners are removable. The patient would not any feel difficulty while brushing, flossing or eating food. They can simply remove the aligner and put it back on whenever required.
- The transparent nature of the aligners helps them stay hidden. Though they are not completely invisible, they can’t be noticed easily unless taken a closer look at. Patients can avoid the embarrassment of having braces on during orthodontic treatment.
- Frequent dental visits to our practice wouldn’t be necessary as Invisalign requires a follow-up visit once every 2 to 3 weeks.
Treating malocclusion is very important when it comes to maintaining oral hygiene and aesthetics. Else, they can lead to the following disadvantages:
- Brushing and flossing teeth cannot be done effectively. A lot of microbes tend to get deposited in between the teeth, leading to the formation of plaque and tartar.
- The entire facial appearance of the person would be negatively affected due to misaligned teeth.
- It hinders one’s confidence.
- Excessive pressure would be applied on a few teeth, leading to jawbone deformation and change in the shape of the face.
What does an Invisalign treatment involve?
Invisalign is a customized aligner that is fabricated to cater to individual patients’ needs. When you visit our practice for the orthodontic treatment, we would conduct a thorough examination of the teeth and gums to determine the severity of malocclusion. X-rays, 3D scans and molds of the teeth would provide the data required for fabricating the aligners. It will be sent to a laboratory where the aligners will be made from clear dental grade plastic material that is safe and biocompatible.
The treatment process will be divided into several stages, each characterized by an individual aligner. The aligners will have to be changed once every two weeks, following a visit to our practice for a routine consultation. This way, we can track the changes in the alignment of your teeth and make sure the teeth are moving in the right direction.
Though Invisalign is a removable aligner, it should be worn every day for at least 22 hours. The patient can remove it only while eating food, drinking, brushing and flossing, and must be worn during sleep as well. Depending on the patient’s condition and the response to treatment, the duration of treatment may range between a few months to a year. In complicated cases, it may extend up to a couple of years.
Schedule your appointment with us and our expert team will be happy to help you at the earliest.